Rooting is a process by which you can access system files of your Android OS . After rooting Samsung Galaxy Y, you can install applications which require access to these system files. It becomes necessary if you wish to customize your Android device and also install custom ROMs like CyanogenMod ROMs which are highly customizable and have a better performance than the stock ROMs.
Why Should You Root Your Device?
Rooting has quite a lot of advantages. If you are a tru Geek, you would love rooting your device. A few top advantages of rooting are Rooting lets you customize your phone in a better way. Install Custom ROMs to improve the performance. Remove System apps which you do not need and hence free up space Convert the file system of current RFS to the faster ext4 file formats Convert Downloaded apps to system Apps
Why Should You Not Root Your Device?
There are not many reasons for you not to root your device except the fact that your device’s warranty gets void. Usually all manufacturers provide a warranty of one year for the devices and they do not allow one to root the device and access system files.
Before you root your phone, you need to back up your phone’s data. You can back up your contacts to the SD Card and to back up your Applications you can use
ASTRO FILE MANAGER. In case you need to reset your phone, you can make use of the back up files to restore those applications.
Disclaimer : We are not responsible for any damage that might be caused to your device during this process though the possibility of any damage is negligible.
Try this at your own risk. Also note, rooting your phone will void your warranty.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 or Other Android Phones
1. Download or update.zip
2. Copy the downloaded file to the root of your SD Card via USB Cable or any other method according to your convenience.
3. Turn of your Samsung Galaxy Y
4. Reboot into recover mode by pressing Home button + Volume up button and Power button for 15-20 seconds.
5. When you are in recovery mode, select “Update from SD Card”.
6. Now select Update.zip (the zip file you downloaded in ( step 1) and execute it by pressing the home button.
7. Now your phone will be rooted after which you can select the reboot option.
Isn’t that quite an easy way to root your phone? Let me know if you face any issues ..
Try it …!